1.14.2007

Old School Song: Psalm 139: 19 - 22 counting enemies

Psalm 139: 19 - 22


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!

20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain!

21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?

22 I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wow, what a strong picture of David's heart as he lays out all his emotions
while talking to the Lord. This is more than just emotion...but conviction for the love of God's Word and God's character. It is easy for me to lean on these words and justify 'hatred' in my own heart towards those in our world today that hate God and speak against God's Word or His attributes. I mean, come on, I ain't Superman! But I have to keep emotions in check and remind myself that although there are many against God and their actions I do hold in utter contempt, they are yet bound for a dark Hell without the Savior's covering. Jesus did say, "Pray for your enemies..."
Here is a link to all my posts on Psalm 139

t00-m0ch,
Chris

christophercarder.com

song: Too Much for Me

tags:



all mp3 downloadable songs priced: $1.00
current release TRUST $15.00 (order online or via snail mail)

No comments: