2.26.2008

Larry Norman flies home!

With a sad heart we read yesterday that Larry Norman, the father of Christian rock music made his way home to be with his Savior. Norman was 60 years old and even hours before his death, he was creating lyrics for his next project. How his music challenged, encouraged, and convicted my walk with Jesus. How we all, ALL, in Christendom will miss him.
He dictated the following message to you while his friend Allen Fleming typed these words into Larry's computer:
"I feel like a prize in a box of cracker jacks with God's hand reaching down to pick me up. I have been under medical care for months. My wounds are getting bigger. I have trouble breathing. I am ready to fly home. (.... read more) "

One of Larry's very profound songs I still love:

I Am a Servant
I am a servant, I am listening for my name
I sit here waiting I’ve been looking at the game
That I’ve been playing and I’ve been staying much the same
When you are lonely you’re the only one to blame

I am a servant, I am waiting for Your call
I’ve been unfaithful so I sit here in the hall
How can You use me when I’ve never given all
How can You choose me when You know I quickly fall

So You feed my soul and you make me whole
And you let me know You love me
And I’m worthless now but I’ve made a vow
I will humbly bow before You
Oh please use me, I am lonely

I am a servant, getting ready for my part
There’s been a change, a rearrangement in my heart
At last I’m learning there’s no returning once I start
To live’s a privilege, to love is such an art
But I need Your help to start
Oh please purify my heart
I am Your servant






t00-m0ch,
Chris

christophercarder.com

song: You Came Along

tags:



all mp3 downloadable songs priced: $0.99
current release TRUST $13.00 (order online or via snail mail)




No comments: