5.23.2006

Old School Songs: psalm 139 : search me

Psalm 139

1 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.

3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.

4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.

5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it. (the rest)

I love this psalm because it describes our Great Creator and His passion for His people...more specifically, me. He cares for me. He cares for you. His ways are unfathomable and yet He makes Himself known to us. He passionately seeks after us and wants us to know Him. I these first few verses God is explained as fully knowing us.....everything about us....every flaw, every short-coming....every sin. And yet He loves us completely. Absolutely amazing.


Over the coming weeks, God willing, of course, I will post more from this great old school song.

t00-m0ch,
Chris

christophercarder.com

song: Too Much for Me [listen - new window] [purchase - $1.00]

Image hosting by Photobucket



tags:

No comments: